Frequently Asked Questions for Residents

Looking for some quick answers. Below you’ll find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we hear from residents. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please email us at

Canadian Financial Relief Resources for Silver Management Property Residents

Federal Unemployment Insurance

  • Apply here
  • Collect a maximum weekly benefit of $573
  • Claim benefits for up to 45 weeks
  • Receive benefits in less than a week
  • If you have applied for or are currently on EI, you don’t need to apply again for the CERB (as detailed below). You will be automatically enrolled

Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)

  • Only apply for the CERB through either Service Canada or the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) –not both.
  • Make sure your CRA direct deposit and/or mailing address are up to date
  • Those that sign up for direct deposit will receive funds more immediately (3-5 days via direct deposit and up to 10 days by mail)
  • Claim $2,000 per month up to four months
  • Your past 12-month income must reflect at least $5,000 of earnings
  • Available to anyone who is unemployed or is off work taking care of someone who is sick or in quarantine, as well as parents taking care of kids who are off school or daycare
  • Salaried and contract employees are eligible. However, if you are receiving the 75% Federal Government Wage Subsidy from your employer, you are not eligible for CERB
  • Those who are not EI eligible can apply for the CERB
  • Any applicants who applied for EI after March 15, 2020 will have their application automatically converted to an application for CERB and will receive the CERB benefits. You do not have to apply again.
  • Those that applied for EI before March 15, 2020 will receive their EI benefits until they expire at which point they may be eligible to apply for CERB
  • More information available here

Canada Child Benefit (CCB)

  • The Canadian Government increased the maximum annual CCB payment amount by $300 per child
  • This one-time payment will be paid as part of the May payment

Ontario Child Care Benefit

  • Parents can apply for direct funding to support their children’s learning
  • Eligible parents will receive a one-time per child payment of:
    • $200 for children aged 0 to 12
    • $250 for children or youth aged 0 to 21 with special needs.
  • Parents are eligible to receive this money even if their children are not enrolled in school or daycare
  • If you have more than one child, you need to apply separately for each child.
  • There is no income cap for this program
  • View full program details and apply here

Ontario Works

Student Loan Deferral

  • Student loan holders can claim a six-month, interest free reprieve on student loan payments
  • Speak to your lender immediately if your payments have not already been deferred

Tax Deferrals

  • The deadline to file your income tax and benefit return will be deferred until June 1, 2020
  • The deadline to pay any balance due for your individual income tax and benefit return for 2019 has been extended from April 30, 2020, to September 1, 2020. This means you will not be assessed any penalties or interest if your balance due is paid by September 1, 2020
  • For self-employed individuals or those who have spouses or common-law partners that are self-employed, the deadline to pay any balance due for your individual income tax and benefit return has been extended from April 30, 2020, to September 1, 2020


  • Call or visit for extensive income support options

Job Bank


What are residents responsible for?

  • Paying their rent in full on or before the 1st of each month
  • Keeping the premises and the surrounding area clean and in good condition
  • Respecting the reasonable enjoyment of their neighbours by keeping the noise level to a level that will not disturb their neighbours
  • Repairing any damage occurring to the apartment through the fault of the resident, family members or guests and to notify the Property Manager immediately of any major damage
  • Notifying the Property Manager of any anticipated prolonged absence from the apartment
  • Upon vacating the unit, giving the Property Manager proper 60 days notice; ensuring the apartment is in the same condition as when the resident moved in and promptly returning the key to the Property Manager
  • Notifying the Property Manager immediately if the apartment needs repair
  • Promptly paying for all utilities that the Property Manager has outlined in the residents lease agreement

What is the resident not responsible for?

Reasonable wear and tear, which refers to natural deterioration that occurs due to aging and other natural forces, where the resident has used the premises in a reasonable manner.

How can I pay for my rent?

Our preferred payment method is service called Tenant Pay, which allows residents to pay their rent in the comfort of their own home through their online banking.

How do I give notice to move out?

A resident must give a full 60 days written notice on or before the first of the month. Your 60 days notice can only be given after your one-year lease agreement has concluded.

Can the Property Manager/Landlord come in if I refuse?

Yes. The Property Manager/Landlord can enter when a 24-hour notice is given or if there is an emergency. You do not have to be present but may opt to do so. After notice of termination has been given, at any time between 8:00am and 8:00pm, for the purpose of showing the Rented Premises to prospective Residents and purchasers

Do I have to carry insurance?

Yes. All residents are required to have apartment/renters insurance.

Can I call the Property Manager outside of regular office hours?

Email is our preferred contact method. We are open weekdays between 9am and 5pm. Outside of these hours, you can contact us with emergencies by following our prompts on our voicemail system. Please DO NOT EMAIL EMERGENCIES.

What if I have an emergency when you are closed?

Please call our regular office number and follow the prompts for emergency and follow the directions closely.

Are we allowed to take on another roommate?

Yes, but you need to contact the Property Manager to obtain approval for anyone who moves into the unit.

When does my rent get reviewed?

We review rents once a year and may or may not increase the rent depending on the market rents at that time.

Do you allow pets?

All of our properties are pet-friendly. Please be aware you are responsible for any damages your pet does to the property.

Who do I call for repairs?

Please use the convenient SERVICE REQUEST form found on our website.

Do I have to be in my apartment when you do repairs?

No, you do not need to be present for the repairs.

Can I paint my unit?

All units are freshly painted. If you wish to paint your unit you will need to receive written confirmation from the landlord. The Resident must restore the unit to its original condition prior to vacating.

Am I allowed to assign my lease?

The Resident covenants not to assign the Rented Premises without first requesting, in writing. If the Landlord consents to an assignment of the Rented Premises the resident will be responsible to pay the administration fee specified in their lease agreement.

What do I do if my toilet is blocked?

As a resident you are responsible to try to unclog the toilet with a plunger before calling for service.

What do I do if I am locked out?

The Landlord shall not be obligated to unlock the Rented Premises and the Resident shall be responsible for all costs of re-entry, including but not limited to, locksmith charges, charges for damages.

Can I install and Air Conditioner if my hydro is included in my rent?

Yes. The resident is responsible to pay the landlord the seasonal fee of $170/per air conditioner prior to installation.